Here are the list of top ten interesting facts about Thailand that you can impress your friends with.
1. It’s got the longest city name in the world!
Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahinthara Yutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amonphiman Awatansathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukamprasit.
Yeah, these are some of them however Krung Thep is a shortened version of these that they usually use! Interestingly long, isn’t it?
2. Thai Baht has all of the temples pictured in them!
Yes, however impossible it may seem, all the Thai Baht coins have all of the temples of Thailand pictured in them. This can actually make for a quick game for travelers in Thailand wherein whichever temples you get pictured in your currency can be the temples that you need to visit when you get there! Awesome game, isn’t it?
Ask your friends if they’ve visited any such places and we’re sure they haven’t!
3. Cool laws
Yes, Thailand has some basics, ahem! As laws at its best!
- It is illegal to leave the house without wearing underwear
- It is illegal to drive a motorised vehicle bare-chested
- It is illegal to use a durian fruit as a weapon and a fine will be levied determined by how many thorns strike the victim
- It is illegal to step on any Thai currency – either coins or notes – as they carry an image of the King.
Do take good care of this legacy or you know what you’ll end up to!
4. Three types of washrooms in Thailand!
Yes, they’re gender tolerant and that makes them an amazing place to tourist in! So while you’re in Thailand, don’t get shocked to see transgender washrooms along with the usual gents & ladies ones!
5. When you greet someone in Thailand you greet them in the ‘Sawadee’ way!
Yes, that’s what they say to mean Hello or Greetings! Isn’t it cool yet respectable at the same time? Do tell your friends about this one because it has a legacy attached to it. Introduced in the Thai language in the 1930s by a professor at Chulalongkorn University, which is the most famous seat of higher learning!
6. The world’s largest Christmas log cake?
…Was made in Bangkok, Thailand, on December 25, 1997. The cake weighed 5,071 lbs. and reached 27’6″. It was later cut into 19, 212 portions. We wish that has happened now in case we could bite into it! 😉
7. Red Bull originated in Thailand
Your very own favourite hangout drink was actually originated by a man from Bangkok who was reportedly the 3rd richest man in Thailand with an estimated wealth of $US 5 billion!
Cool to flaunt right?
8. It has the world’s biggest Chinatown
And that’s enough said, because you have to visit it to understand this one! Keep your friends clueless about this one!
9. The Thai alphabet has 32 vowels and 44 consonants
Woah! That must take some while to grasp!
10. 1/10th of all animal species on Earth live in Thailand
Yeah, we’re sure this will want to make you visit its animal zoos & parks and make your friends impulsive about the same too, right?
Go ahead and visit this beautiful place within the shadow of its beauty & interesting facts!